- Acute Care
- → Heart and Vascular Rehabilitation
- Neurologic Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Heart and Vascular Rehabilitation
Multidisciplinary cardiac rehabilitation
An important part of Panola Medical Center’s comprehensive heart care is helping patients return to the activities they enjoy. Our multidisciplinary team of physical therapists and nutrition and exercise specialists work together to provide a customized approach that meets each patient's needs.
Comprehensive heart and vascular rehabilitation program
Our cardiac recovery program combines education, support and exercise therapy. Patients will learn how to incorporate heart-healthy habits such as a proper diet, exercise and stress management techniques that can lead to a better quality of life:
- Focus on recovery – Cardiac rehabilitation begins in the hospital, following a heart attack or other acute illness. Before leaving the hospital, patients learn about their disease and risk factors that contribute to heart disease. They know what to expect during and after recovery, and receive home-exercise recommendations.
- Exercise counseling and support – Patients begin a medically supervised, monitored exercise program that includes individual support from exercise professionals. Once monitoring is no longer necessary, patients continue with a customized exercise program and learn how to incorporate activity into their lifestyle.
- Heart-healthy lifestyle changes – Throughout the cardiac rehabilitation program, patients learn about good nutrition, stress management techniques, and how to incorporate these behaviors into their lifestyle. During the maintenance phase of rehabilitation, continuing education will help reinforce healthy habits long term.
- Individual support – Our health educators, exercise professionals, dietitians and other rehabilitation specialists provide support and education throughout the recovery process. You can depend on a dedicated group of individuals who are focused on recovery.